planting while treating ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

summit

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am currently treating ich in my tank by means of heat, its at 86 right now, and has been for 2 days now, I no longer see any signs of it on my fish, so it looks like I will be another 14 days at this temp, and then can start bringing it down if everything looks clear.

Anyways can I put some live plants in as I am not using chemicals to treat, only heat? I did a search but only found articles pertaining to treating ich with chemicals and planting which was not advised. Reason I am asking as not only am I a bit impatient :) but being as I do not have a quarantine tank, I figured I may as well plant them now before the 14 days of 86 for ich, and if there was ich on any new plants, it would kill it at the same time, does this sound ok? Also the plants I want are available now, they are hardy low light plants that I was planning to add (crypto wendtii tropica, petite nana, java fern, water sprite, flame moss.

That's warm enough that some plants won't do well. I'd probably wait until you bring the temp back down to avoid cooking your plants.

I agree with Purrbox. Most plants don't like that high of a temp and probably wouldn't fare well. I would wait until the treatment period is over....might save you some money on plants. :)

Back
Top Bottom