Plants??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tony_540

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay, so I recently bought amazon sword, and java fern, they are both 1 plant each, how can I make them into more plants because I always see people talking about it but I don't know how, I really want help, and I would like to be able to make more plants, plz help!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396195572.208844.jpg

Patience... The java fern should start sprouting small plants off its mother leaves, once the sword grows out some you can probably split the base and re plant..

Okay thanks! I also started adding CO2 booster(liquid) as of Friday, I got these plants Friday as well, will the co2 help? Do I have to use anything else to make them grow? Because my substrate is gravel. I appreciate the info!

If those are the only 2 plants you have than a root tab under the sword is really all you need, I'd say the co2 booster until you get some more plants going.. You could add some flourish or leaf zone for the fern, what kind if light do you have?

What do u mean about the co2? And i have LED lights, I bought the marineland crescent 3 and it came with those lights

Co2 really will not benefit your tank at this point, java ferns will grow on they're own quite nicely, the sword is going to get most of its nutrients from the substrate, hence root tabs.. The co2 is going to help if you start getting algae with a decent amount if plants and higher light.. I'm not familiar with your specific led but if it's like the single bright than it's low low light..

Okay, there are 16 led bulbs on it, and all I need are root tabs for the swords? What other plants do you suggest? This is a 3 gallon betta tank, I am just planing on growing plants here and hopefully get more plants out of these one so that I can finally put live plants in my 10 gal

I just wanna be able to grow plants and make "Babies" and out them in my 10 g

I know from experience that java ferns will yield lots of plant lets fast.. My small crypt has split off a few plants that are growing good. Haven't messed with my sword but I'm sure i could take half if I wanted to, grows very fast..

What was that first sentence?? And are the crypts easy to grow? Also do you think they look nice? What do you think about java moss?

Oh and about my lighting, I also have it next to a window where the sun hits it most of the time

Crypts and Swords should have Root Tabs inserted in substrate as both are heavy root feeders.

They are easy to grow. I add liquid ferts 1x weekly and root tabs every 3-4 months or if I see a problem.

I use Seachem Flourish Comprehensive and have DIY root caps I bought via The Planted Tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright! I will try to buy some either today or tomorrow if I get the chance, what do u think will be the best choice of plant for me to buy next?

Back
Top Bottom