Plants and Water at the Same Time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Soupy97

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys, I have a new 40 gallon tank I plan on putting a lot of plants into.

I was wondering if I could add my plants the same day I add water to the tank? I feel like it would be nice to mess with my scape and planting while the water level is only 3-4". Would this be ok? I was not sure if I was supposed to wait 24 hours or something with a tank full of water.

Thanks!

Nope, just make sure they dont dry up if any leaves stick out the water. Just fill up the tank above the plants to completely submerge them before they dry up! :)

For me having 6-8 inches is alittle easier for planting only because having alittle more water keeps the plants you've planted boyant making it easier to see how they are going to look and how much space they are actually going to take up.

Oh thats a good idea. I'll do that then. Looking forward to setting up the tank!

Post pics once your done, I'd love to see it!

Yeah I definatley will. Might take a little while (im very nit picky haha) but I will get up some pictures.

I am to! Lol don't worry, I rearrange my decor on a regular basis because I'm never satisfied :)

Back
Top Bottom