Plants arent doing well

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbree13

Aquarium Advice Activist
Okay I have a 29 gallon tank, with a dirt/clay substrate. I have pressurized co2 going (about 30bubbles a minute) and I have tablets In the ground to help growth. I also have a HO T5 light fixture (quad on for 2 hours) dual on for 6 hours
Moonlight at night
I also put in potassium and iron
Temperature at 78

What is wrong with the plants!!?!

My baby tears aren't spreading like I thought they should be, turning a little brown, but I put the tablets in they are doing better now. But I have these stem plants in the back (no idea what they are called
It's losing the leaves at the bottom of it, near the bottom or the plant. Why is it doing that?

It's the green plants behind the log on the right, and baby tears are in front

Attachments

• image-1374441341.jpg
    image-1374441341.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 66
So the bottom of the one plant seems to be going brown ect

And baby tears don't look as bright and healthy as they should!

Attachments

• image-4050431618.jpg
    image-4050431618.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 44
  • image-802280696.jpg
    image-802280696.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 44
jbree13 said:
So the bottom of the one plant seems to be going brown ect

And baby tears don't look as bright and healthy as they should!

How long has the hc been in the tank? Sometimes they melt when adjusting to the tank. Do you have a hob filter? Because when theres alot of surface agitation the co2 leave the tank.
And also the hc might not like the substrate, its looks kind of big.
The baby tears seem fine to me, mine do that, because the bottom leaves cant get light and die, but thats normal.

I just have that gravel covering the dirt and clay, so it's not as much as a mess! And they've been in my tank for about 1-2 weeks? And I have a Rena filstar xp1 canister filter on the tank!

And okay sweet thanks :)

I really appreciate the help!

jbree13 said:
I just have that gravel covering the dirt and clay, so it's not as much as a mess! And they've been in my tank for about 1-2 weeks? And I have a Rena filstar xp1 canister filter on the tank!

And okay sweet thanks :)

I really appreciate the help!

Oh okay ya the hc probably just acclimating still, it can take awhile, but i would look into dosing some more macros and micros. Im not a expert and still learning about it myself, but hc can be a finnicky demanding plant!

Back
Top Bottom