plants dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The brown algae is diatoms which feeds off of excess silicates in the water rather than sulfur. They are self limiting and usually go away on their own.

here,this is the best picture i can give you. i want to make sure that you still have the same opinion.
Question: will my grass dye?

Well that supposedly "brown algea" is not stopping , its getting worst. i am still having the same symptoms has before, seems worse. My nitrate his now at 10ppm instead of 40ppm (good). i am adding pps-pro 3ml for all types every day, and my light is closer of 1 inch. I only add filtered water from store(i always do,) and i am going go get my water from another place, that i can get steam water instead of filtered.

100_1115.jpg
100_1095.jpg
100_1096.jpg
100_1131.jpg

Alright,
I have removed all the brown diatom, Clean everything
I also had a small rock that leash rust. i remove that.
I am on pps-pro...again, but now i know what i am doing. its saying 3ml but i don't have lots of plants so i go from 3ts to 2ts, thats 2ml.

Plants are 50|50 chance that will live, lots of Green Dust Algae on them. i think its low phosphate, the problem.

spect info
please verify my result
If everything is right, i would like
15 nitrate
1 phosphate
15 calcium
60 mg
120 gh
low iron
C02 7.2 drop it at 7ph all night.

From what i can tell, pps-pro added every day in ppm are = to this.
0.7 nitrate
0.1 phosphate
o.3 iron

In this dosing, every thing should go back to 0 ppm after the day has pass. I could add double the dosing even triple the dosing after every water change, to be closer to my result.
Also nitrate seem very low, especially if nitrate is absorbed. but i will know there a problem if GSA appears.

i try, and i try and i try. (4 years)
half my plants are dead now, brown algae has taken over, there nothing i can do, there no reason i should have it. I use distilled water, i did not add mg sulfate, and i added 4 guost shrimps that dye after a week, i aspect that it was because of they excess plants deaf making the water high in tds. i do not have a tester.

I guest its time to move on. sad really. probable needed a full laboratory, testers, sensors, and with million of dollars to make it work. now, it cost more than it's worth. Not going to put one more dollars into it.

I still have a full co2 bottle. Until its empty i will see what happen, i add more c02, give double the fert and less light. if that do nothing, **** this ****.

Distilled water is generally not good to use in an aquarium as it's 100% nutrient deficient. It can also cause issues with inverts and fish from the lack of nutrients which would explain the ghost shrimp problems. Ghost shrimp often have issues adapting to a new tank as well so they have a fairly high mortality rate. TDS (unless they are absurdly high) won't bother ghost shrimp at all.

Back
Top Bottom