Plants Dying in Aquarium - Need Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kunthan

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi,

I am From India-Chennai, Need your help Friends:)

Micranthemum 'Monte Carlo' in my tank started to Melt and Die Slowly, New Leaves come but it Dies in a Week after growth. StarGrass & Moss Perform well, only issue with Ludwigia & Monte Carlo. Ludwigia Completly gone now, But i see Fresh leaves in 2 stem comming now.

I have ordered for Few more plants ( Rotala rotundifolia 'Red, Staurogyne Sp. Porto Velho & Rotala macrandra Mini 'Red' ) whihc i will get in Couple of Days.

Need you help adressing this issue.

Tank Details:-

Length:48 Hight:24 Width:18

Filterration:-
Sunsun 4-Stage Canister Filter
Filter Items ( Sponge, Ceramic rings, Matrix, Aquaclay ,Zeolite filter )
I was Running a 3 Feet Sump, But not i moved to Canister Filter week back
(Only Few days back i replaced Carbon with Zeolite for Temp Purpose )

Plants in the Aquarium:-
Micranthemum 'Monte Carlo'
StarGrass
Hygrophila
Java Moss
Weeping Moss
Ludwigia

Soil:-
Controsoil & Jbl Aquabasis

Light:-
3 Philips CFL 36W ( Lumens 2900 , Kelvin4100K )

Colling:-
Five CPU Fan

And have 3L Pressurized CO2 system @ 3 Bubbles per second.

I have 25 Neon tetra , 3 Siamese algae eater & 25 Red Shrimp , 5 Yellow Shrimp, 10 Amano Shrimp & 4 assassin snail

I Guess by Lighting is very Less aftre searcing in internet, Please Advise

Should i add Few more light of Same kind or change to T5 or T8 with 6000K+

Thanks in Advance :thanks:

Regards,
Kunthanraj

Why Zeolite? If you're having ammonia issues, may I suggest extra water changes instead? Healthy plants will use ammonia as a source of nitrogen.

It seems possible that the MC is just not getting enough light. That's not much light at all for a tank that size (assuming dimensions are in inches). The color temperature of your bulbs is too warm, also. Look for bulbs that are within the 5000K - 7500K range. Was the ludwigia in emersed form? If so, the old leaves will die, and new leaves will grow as it transitions to being submerged. Are you adding fertilizers to the water? Do you know how far your pH is dropping when CO2 is on?

From my first impression, i think the light is very less. the CFL bulbs do not give sufficient light. well why don't you use the 4 feet tubelights which are locally available. you must use 2 tubelights of 4 feet long.

@PerfectDepth

Thanks for replying and sharing your feed back.

I changed water many time more than half some time, just read in google,Zeolite will help. on the same time read negative review too.
i actually removed today evening.

ludwigia was actually emersed aquatic plants when i bought

i planning to change the light this week end ( might be adding 6500K lights, checked with few shop on availability).

Actually i haven't check PH when co2 is on, will check and let u know shortly.

today i recived few plants i ordered and planted it (Rotala rotundifolia 'Red' Staurogyne Sp. Porto Velho Rotala macrandra Mini 'Red' )

Does activated carbon absorb co2 and fertilizer ??? as i read in artical.

Yes i do add fertilizers ( JBL Ferropol 24 & Seachem Flourish ) on alternate day.

2's week i add Seachem excel....

Pls advise if this fertilizers are ok???

@nilesh7318

Yes planning to do the same exactly, but the issue is my canopy is exactly 4 feet so it does fit very tight.... so check for few show on other option like 3 feet one... will change by this week ( as u said 2 tube light of 4 feet ) ,

wat do you advise...will 2 will be fine or 3 is good ?

how much Watt should i but for my 90 gallon tank ( 100W,180W or 270W... like ppl say watt per gallon )

Back
Top Bottom