Plants for a 1G shrimp tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscars

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 1G tank sitting around and I want to make use of it. I've been looking around and I like the idea of a shrimp tank, since they're pretty much one of the few things you can keep in a 1G tank and have multiples of.

Here's what I have so far for my (very simple) setup:

-1g tank with bulb socket built into hood
-black or blue gravel
-undergravel filter

What I plan to stock:

-5-6 shrimp (either Red Cherry Shrimp or Ghost Shrimp)

I want to add plants to the tank as a food source and to make it more aesthetically pleasing. However, I've never worked with aquarium plants before. I was thinking of adding java moss to cover the whole bottom of the tank, and a single java fern in the middle. I probably won't have the light on all day so I specifically chose low-light plants. The light's probably not too bright either. It's just a standard halogen aquarium bulb (the type that emits yellow/orange light). What do you guys think about this setup? Are there any other plants you would recommend? What about Amazon Swords?

I woild use black gravel if you go with the cherries it makes them mot red in color.

Java moss is good and the shrimp would appreciate I small piece of drift wood too which you could use to tie your java fern too since it has to be tied to a rock or drift wood.

I wouldn't go with amazon sword bc they have large root systems and don't know how they would grow with gravel someone else may be able to tell you a more positive yes or no also amazon sowrds need root tabs.

I personally like anubias they're low light. I think anubias nana petite would be good for a 1 gallon

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom