Plants for fluval edge?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jev12

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What would be some good plants to put in a fluval edge I already have java fern windelov and fava moss and a couple of regular java ferns...but what else can I put in there...there are pictures in my profile

We have a Fluval Edge 12g and 2 Edge 6g. In the 6g's we have Micro chain sword, Crypt Wendtii, Ambulia, Water sprite, Bolbitus, and Java Fern Wendilov. All these plants do well.

Ok thanks you I couldn't figure out what would do good in there with out getting to big

All of these plants can be trimmed. Also the only one that I'd possibly not use is the Crypt Wendtii. I constantly have to trim off leaves that grow too tall. But Crypt Parva works great as it only gets 2-3" tall. Plant Ambulia and Chain Sword closest under the lights and use the Bolbitus and Java Fern Wendilov in the darker areas. Also I use Flouish Excel daily in the tanks as it really does help the plants grow a lot better. Water Sprite and Ambulia you will have to keep trimmed down and Ambulia will take a couple months before it adjusts to lower light. So just be patient with the plants due to the low lighting.

Ok thank you...I'm going to have to change out my gravel though I'm pretty sure

I have Eco-complete in ours and I really like how it looks and the fact you use it straight from the bag. No rinsing. Plants also do very good in it.

We have a Fluval Edge 12g and 2 Edge 6g. In the 6g's we have Micro chain sword, Crypt Wendtii, Ambulia, Water sprite, Bolbitus, and Java Fern Wendilov. All these plants do well.

Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by "we".

Ok that's what I have in my 20L...I should get some for my fluval because my gravel is just to big I think

We as in my adult daughter who now lives with me and well me. The Fluval's are "our" tanks. Unlike the 220g which is solely my baby.

Omg I wish I could have a big tank like that....and I really like the fluvals but I'm just not a fan of how small the opening is on it....I would love to get the 12 gallon one though because it would give me more options for plants and fish...but I'm hoping my next tank is like a bigger 55 gallons or up so I can have some angels

I just have a crypt, sword (stays small because i limit light and nutrients), anubias nana, and java fern. I might add some moss.

ForumRunner_20130618_122355.jpg

I was thinking about adding an Anubias nana for my betta

Back
Top Bottom