Plants for strong filter current

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wildroseofky

Aquarium Advice Addict
I need some tall stem plants for the back of my 29 gallon that will not bend over because of the current from my job. I have two hob filters and even with the flow reduced to minimum the plants I have get pushed down and toward the front of the tank. So far I have tried different ludwigia, bacopia, Cambodia, and another plant I cannot remember the name of. I am thinking of using fishing line and suction cups to hold my current plants up some hot that doesn't look so good.

I need some tall stem plants for the back of my 29 gallon that will not bend over because of the current from my job. I have two hob filters and even with the flow reduced to minimum the plants I have get pushed down and toward the front of the tank. So far I have tried different ludwigia, bacopia, Cambodia, and another plant I cannot remember the name of. I am thinking of using fishing line and suction cups to hold my current plants up some hot that doesn't look so good.

I'd suggest a diy flow deflector...search suggestion on YouTube to find different applications...

sit in silence...

I have a piece of the plastic that is used on the back of a glass top attached to mine.
I run a AC50 on my 20L and I cut a piece of the plastic from the back of a glass top to the ID of the filter return then pushed it onto the lip. Works awesome.
Best part is I read it on this site one day and thought it was a great idea but I didn't even have a HOB system at the time. Glad I remembered.
Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom