plants galore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jwh0818

Aquarium Advice Addict
Need a bit of help y'all. I have 5 different plants in my 36g tank. They have grown quite amazingly.

Substrate - miracle grow organics topped with PFS

Lighting - x3 clip on cfls and a full spectrum 30inch light.

I have anacharis, giant hairgrass, java fern, amazon sword, and hornwort. I have diy co2 goin at 3BPS

The anacharis has grown very tall on a few plants. Can I just clip them in the center and replant?

Also the anacharis seems to be leaning in a U shape when I turn the lights on. Y'all know why?

yes u can clip it and when it reaches the top it will start to u shape. also i believe they are low to medium light plants so if to much light they will turn away

The only issue is the amazon sword. It gets HUGE over time. The more grown in the roots are the larger its gonna grow. My main amazon sword is about 20 inches tall and 10" around.

The cfls are each 13watts and the T8 is 17watts all in all its a total of 56watts. They seem to be doing better now that the ci2 really kicked in. Ive moved the amazon sword 3 times total. The roots are around 8 to 10inches long so I clip em a bit to replants. Its around 12 inches wide and maybe 9 to 10 inches tall already

Back
Top Bottom