Plants good for hardwater alkaline environment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jft

Aquarium Advice Regular
Added caribsea crushed coral in my livebearer tanks mixed w gravel and sand <what plants can tolerate alkaline environments and hardwater ?guppies and platies are spawning like CRAZY!!!

Honestly I'd say most low light maintenance plants could probably do ok in an alkaline tank. I don't recall reading of alkalinity being a concern for typical aquarium plants.

I have hard water. Haven't had a huge problem with any plants so far. The best approach to something like this is to get several kinds and see what sticks.

I have hard water too, my PH is usually around 7.8 and up. I seem to be able to grow - amazon swords, sprite, witeria, anubis, jave fern, wide leaf sag and small sag, onion, anachris, ludwiga, cardinal, crypt bronze. I will be getting some jungle val hopfully soon to make up the back ground.

I have hard water too, my PH is usually around 7.8 and up. I seem to be able to grow - amazon swords, sprite, witeria, anubis, jave fern, wide leaf sag and small sag, onion, anachris, ludwiga, cardinal, crypt bronze. I will be getting some jungle val hopfully soon to make up the back ground.

Vals go bananas in hard water. Crypts, java fern, and wisteria all have done nice in my water, as far as low light plants go.

Back
Top Bottom