Plants grew with 24 Hours of darkness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NativeTank7

Aquarium Advice Activist
I went to a friends house to hang out and ended up staying with them all night and went fishing that morning. When I got home I noticed I left the lights off from when I left. I was thinking 24 hours of light is better than 24 hours with no light but when I turned the light on to check on the plants the amazon sword compacta has made a big new leaf in the middle and is bigger than the other more mature leaves. The jungle val also shot a new sprout and the original leaf has a few inches To go before reaching the surface. I had the blinds open for sunlight but not much comes in since the trees block it but I guess something went right the plants seemed to love it lol

I find this to be the case also. Im no expert but intelligent enough make a logical assumption thats the plant uses the energy stored to grow so when the light returns it can obsorb more light to further fuel growth.

They normally get light from 3 to 11 every day. The night period is usually 11 until about 8:30 when the sun starts to barely peak in the room. It may also be to the fact that I didn't look at them all day like I usually do :) seems they grow faster when I'm not looking lol

Yea I really need to get one. It would save having to rush home everytime I think I forget to turn them on lol on my to do list for sure

Don't go get a overpriced fish store one, just go to Home Depot or something they have them.

Back
Top Bottom