Plants help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Java moss is very good for beginners. That's going to be my first plant for a future shrimp tank. I'll admit, I don't know much about care yet, still doing my research, but I do recommend java moss. I know it's low light.

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

XxxblackxxX said:
What are some good easy plant to grow in an Aquarium?do I need a special set up?

If you go to plantgeek.net they have plant lists broken down into easy, med, hard. It's a great starting point IMHO.

Java fern is a good starting plant, have 5 myself. Anubias Nana, Anacharis, java moss, moss balls are all good starter plants/greens. For easy plants you don't need anything special, that's how I started out and am learning a lot along the way :)

Have fun!

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium Advice App

Thanks mr. Limpet(hope I spelled it right!). That will come in handy for me too.

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

The key to getting started with live plants is knowing how much light you have and what plants are suited to that light level. What size tank do you have and what kind of light are you using? Type of bulb and wattage please.

Most mosses, java fern, anubias, most crypts, and some vals are suited to a low-light tank.

Thanks for all the info.my tank is a 30 gallon.umm and the light came with it. I'm kinda new at this plant thing so I dont kno what type of light is best for both plants and fish.

Back
Top Bottom