Plants in pots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rhino

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I went to my lfs today to look at plants for my 40 breeder that I am currently setting up and I noticed some were in pots while others were not. Any reason for this? Also, if I was to get one of these plants do I keep it in the pot or can I remove it and plant it in my pfs?

You should get the names to do some research to see if they're true aquatics. To one of your questions u can try to remove a majority of the rockwool OR I've also seen people use the rockwool to help anchor the plants into the substrate, but most times it's healthier for the plant to remove all that stuff after you buy it.

I think the LFS leaves them in pots so that they are easier to remove when someone buys them. This mainly applies for the rooting plants like swords and crypts, the other ones like anacharis and hornwort can just be bunched with plant weights since they don't develop serious root structures.

I'd remove them from the pots for the same reason why you'd remove a regular houseplant from the pot it comes in.

yellow just added today and and i know 2 of the yellow ones are amazone but will you guys help me identify the other 2 plants the other yellow and the red one please

abrahamavelar said:
sorry i bumped in ur thread i meant to put them in mine and got mixed with the pages im sorry

No big deal to me. Glad you are getting your answers.

Back
Top Bottom