Plants look pretty bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newbneedshelp

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recieved my order from Liveaquaria.com yesterday...probly not the best place to get my plants but what ever. I ordered the following:

3xdwarf hairgrass
1xamazon sword
1xmelon sword
1xdwarf sag
1xwisteria

other than the hairgrass the plants leaves look pale while the stems have color. Im not sure if i planted them right either. For plants with a rhizome do i leave that about the water? BTW this is all in a planted tank under about 2wpg
so im not sure how well the amazon and melon will do. I dosed with flourish and flourish excel. This is in an uncycled tank with no fish. Anything else i can do to try and bring some life into these plants or will it just take some time? TIA!!

just takes time. shipping, especially in the summer heat, really does a number on plants.

none fo the plants you listed have a rhizome. swords have a crown, which sould basically be at the substrate level (so the roots and a tiny bit fo the crown are planted).

don't confuse the runners from dwarf sage or hairgrass as a rhizome. they're different.

if anything, i see the dwarf hairgrass not surviving under your lighting. sage should be fine, and the swords will prolly make it, just won't grow real fast.

I've never had luck with wisteria but it should be doable with that lighting level.

root tabs would be loved by the swords, even at 2wpg. they're always big root feeders.

Malkore gave you great advice.

I just wanted to add that wisteria should grow well in the tank. I had it growing in under 1wpg. It didn't look that great, but it grew. I also had it growing in my 10g with 2wpg very well...actually too well.

Thanks for the advice. Ill just watch over them and see how they are doing in a week or so with ferts and everything. Again thanks!

Back
Top Bottom