Plants melting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GNAAAR

Aquarium Advice Regular
My amazon swordplant and 1 of my other plants in one of my tanks are "melting" I am not sure why or how to stop this so any insight would be much appreciated.

Image1502511195.234319.jpgImage1502511225.344378.jpg

The sword had been in the tank for months but the other plant had been in there for only a week

Looks like a deficiency to be honest, that would explain the algae on the glass as well, what light and fertilisers are you using?

Looks like a deficiency to be honest, that would explain the algae on the glass as well, what light and fertilisers are you using?

I'm using a topfin led hood and I'm also using API leaf zone as fertilizer. It has grown the crap out of some off the older plants in the tank but the sword and new plant haven't been doing very good.
Image1502750453.327037.jpgImage1502750470.513756.jpg

From what I've read, swords are heavy root feeders. You might want to try to pick up some root tabs and shove them under the substrate near the swords and see if that starts to help.

U need a co2 IMG_20170814_200152.jpg your plants need to eat to stay alive along with tabs underneath plants I have a heavy planted tank also and went through the same thing.

Sometimes all it is when they melt is them adjusting to a new tank and your water parameters. Trim off old leaves and will encourage new growth.
Co2 can help but if you are running a low tech tank it still shouldn't be a issue.
Try maybe under-dosing excel or easocarbo as your co2 source

Back
Top Bottom