Plants- need care info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What light do you have on the tank? What kind of plants did you get? This will help us determine whether you need co2 or not.

Moved to FW and Brackish- Planted Tanks.

There is no way we can answer your question without more information. Please tell us more about your setup. Tank size, lighting, types of plants you have is a great place to start.

I have a 60 letter tank and we have a light that turns on from 6 till 9.30pm.

I have a 60 letter tank and we have a light that turns on from 6 till 9.30pm.

Does liters mean litres? What kind of lights and how many bulbs in the fixture (where you put the lights)?

The plants I have sort of look like small bamboo shoots.

Does it look like this?
Lucky_bamboo.jpg

If so, it's not an aquatic plant and if you don't let it grow out of the water it will die and foul up your tank.

I know they're water plants cus at the shop they were submerged in water and the light is like 1 long strip above the tank

The plants look like this and sorry for the cloudiness

Attachments

• image-3875840058.jpg
    image-3875840058.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 77
No the light goes on 6pm cus it get hot here is a better pic.

Attachments

• image-2920043754.jpg
    image-2920043754.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 41
Here is a pic of the light

Attachments

• image-678038603.jpg
    image-678038603.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 37
When I add plants I dose with ferts and iron. After my weekly water changes of 50% I always dose with ferts, potassum and iron. Also if that is a sword plant I would recommend putting either root tabs or some kind of red clay which has iron in it. Sword plants are heavy root feeders.

Attachments

• DSC00239.JPG
    DSC00239.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC00246.JPG
    DSC00246.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC00248.JPG
    DSC00248.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 42
that actually looks like a non-aquatic plant. I can see a white-ish lines in the leaves. those kinds of plants are always sold as aquatic but in reality, it actually isn't. go to www.plantgeek.net and see the non-aquatic tab and I bet you can see that plant there.

Last edited:
daileene said:
that actually looks like a non-aquatic plant. I can see a white-ish lines in the leaves. those kinds of plants are always sold as aquatic but in reality, it actually isn't. go to www.plantgeek.net and see the non-aquatic tab and I bet you can see that plant there.

No we have this food where we put it on the plants so my catfish and co can eat it

the white-ish part or maybe it is light green in the trim of the leaves, all of the leaves have it in your picture. that is not a food. that is part of the leaf design or color. they called that variegated plants or something. and those are non-aquatic.

Back
Top Bottom