plants not looking good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giggalz

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I've made a new top for my tank to let in more light..my Java still doesn't look all that great and algae is growing big time..the bubbles on the leaves is a good thing correct?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110610_235359.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110610_235359.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 151
Java ferns are pretty tough plants. How much light do you have and how large is your tank? Algae grows out of control if there's some kind of nutrient imbalance. Light counts as a nutrient.

Pull the rock with the fern out of the tank and pour a little hydrogen peroxide on the leaves. Let it sit for a few minutes and try rubbing the algae off the leaves. Rinse it in tap water and put it back in the tank.

the light is an led marineland double led

i'll have to try that thank you

I have a double bright; how large of a tank? I wouldn't have expected a double bright to support much plant life. Not really bright enough.

Love the look of mine though. The shimmer is captivating.

My recommendation is to get to co2 liquid booster. I had a very similar symptom in my very high light tank & couldn't figure it out.. In fact i almost bought even more light, before realizing it was a co2 issue. For $12 bottle, it's a rather cheap diagnostic.

My recommendation is to get to co2 liquid booster. I had a very similar symptom in my very high light tank & couldn't figure it out.. In fact i almost bought even more light, before realizing it was a co2 issue. For $12 bottle, it's a rather cheap diagnostic.

my tank isnt considered very high lighted tank..rather very low in fact...

and btw..i do love the led light..i still wish there was more blue power to show off the fish more....but it was money very well spent

I have a double bright; how large of a tank? I wouldn't have expected a double bright to support much plant life. Not really bright enough.

Love the look of mine though. The shimmer is captivating.

a tall 55 gallon..yes i love the shimmer !

Back
Top Bottom