Plants not looking too good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll garden again in about a month if you want some of my clippings. I'd be happy to send you some. Just let me know.

Lots. Java fern, java moss (VERY hard to find in Houston area for some reason), anacharis, cabomba, rotallia, wisteria, many others. You can take a look at the tanks on my site (see signature).

wabyrd said:
Lots. Java fern, java moss (VERY hard to find in Houston area for some reason), anacharis, cabomba, rotallia, wisteria, many others. You can take a look at the tanks on my site (see signature).

I have checked your tanks out and have not mentioned it but those are some nice planted tanks!! the 125 looks like it has ALOT of fish in it though!!! LOL.. :D :D :D :D NICE! (y)

I have checked your tanks out and have not mentioned it but those are some nice planted tanks!! the 125 looks like it has ALOT of fish in it though!!!
Thanks. It does look like a lot of fish, but it's really not as heavily stocked as it appears. I know those last couple of photos on the page make it look PACKED, but I think they all decided to get together for a group photo when that was taken. 8O Actually, there's that hole in the middle of the tank that really doesn't have anything in it, so the fish gather there. I have that plastic castle in there because the clown loaches love to hide in it, but it makes a big empty spot for plants. I'm trying to put some taller stuff in the back, but it hasn't really grown up yet. I've been trying to put some sort of grass in the front too, but I've been unsuccessfull with it. I've got 2 grasses growing in the 10 gallon that I plan on transplanting when they get bigger to cover the front there by that castle.
I'm just guessing, but I think there's only about 70 fish in there. That keeps me pretty close to the 1inch/gallon rule. (Ok, so maybe a little over it :mrgreen: )The plants really do a lot to keep the water clean though. Even if I go 3 weeks without a water change, the nitrates are still less than 20ppm. I just wish that my guppy tank was that easy to care for :roll: . I've tried live plants but the guppies eat EVERYTHING! They even at the Java fern that I put in there. So in desperation I had to do plastic. YUK.

Jave Ferns and Moss are also VERY hard to find around here, can't figure out why. But I may take you up on that offer. I'm getting ready to plant my 55 gal tank and need something low light.

Jave Ferns and Moss are also VERY hard to find around here

The Java fern isn't quite so bad to locate here, but not everyone carries it. The moss is the real pain to find. I've also been looking for some madagascar lace without luck. I only trust a few fish stores for healthy product, but it always seems that whatever I set my mind on finding is in short supply!

Back
Top Bottom