Plants nutrient deficient

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bobo8

Aquarium Advice Activist
Okay so here is the situation. Last month I had changed the gravel in my 5 year old tank... didn't go to well. Ended up losing a couple fish as they were super stressed. The nitrogen cycle had to recycle. BUT that is close to being done. Anyway the fish were pretty stressed out so.I just left their tank light off for a week or 2? I was worried about my plants. But was more worried about the fish at the time. So anyway! Now I'm trying to get the plants to reestablish. The water wisteria was a relatively new plant .. it recovered okay but my hardy anubias is not doing well at all! Before I did this it did have micronutrient deficiency so the leaves were lighter with darker veins. I neglected them a bit. :(
But now they are getting light spots all over them.
I also got a new light.. switched from a full spectrum daylight to a fluoraglow plant light. I feel like the anubias are doing worse. I will try and see if I can find some before pics. I am.going to be doing some pruning today to get rid of the now dead leaves..
I'm wondering what is the best schedule for fertilizing. I normally used flourish just every now and then and then sometimes I use c02 boost. Any advice would be helpful. I feel like when anything goes wrong with my own tank I never know what to.do!! Thanks again in advance!
Oh also the plants get over 12 hours of light everyday I'm wondering if they are getting too much light?

Thank you so much in advance guys!!!

The wisteria are root feeders and will absolutely need root tabs.

Anubias grow best when they are attached to something like drift wood. If you plant their rhizome they will die off.

The co2 booster only lasts for about 12 hours or so and needs to be dosed daily.

I would stick to no more than 10 hour photoperiod daily for a low light tank.

Oh I forgot to post pics whoops! Anubias is attached to driftwood. I will definitely be getting the root tabs as well.
These are the leaves before I trimmed them off just so you can see. Like I said they were already a little light green with dark veins but they had been like that for a while.. oops ?
But now as you can see they are a lot worse!

Sent from my SM-G850W using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1431308087500.jpg
    1431308087500.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 1431308116591.jpg
    1431308116591.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 1431308147365.jpg
    1431308147365.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 53
Here's an older pic to compare

Attachments

• 1431308286975.jpg
    1431308286975.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 58
How much potassium and nitrate do you dose?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I use fluorish every 2 weeks ish

How much is each dose? Whats the size of the tank. Do you ever test your water for nitrates

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

36 gallons. I do the dosage it says. One cap for 50 gallons. I test it every week

I would: Increase the amount of flourish comprehensive to weekly, put lights down to 8 hours. And possibly add some root tabs. See where that gets ya.

Back
Top Bottom