Plants or no plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

y2klovebug

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, so the plants in my tank have come to the end of their lives (fish have taken to pulling them apart) what are people's opinions on having a mix of fake and live plants? Is this ok or better to have all live ones? Just thought it would stop the fish shredding them quite so much.

Also anyone have an recommendations for good places to buy live and fake plants? My local pet store is abit naff.

Planted Tanks

Hi, so the plants in my tank have come to the end of their lives (fish have taken to pulling them apart) what are people's opinions on having a mix of fake and live plants? Is this ok or better to have all live ones? Just thought it would stop the fish shredding them quite so much.

Also anyone have an recommendations for good places to buy live and fake plants? My local pet store is abit naff.

Hello y2...

Real or fake or a combination, all are fine. The fish don't have a preference and algae and good bacteria will develop regardless of the surface. Live plants will help filter the tank water, so get some tougher plants if the fish are damaging the ones you have now. Java fern, Onion, Anubias and Amazon sword are all good for more aggressive fish. Mix these real ones with some natural looking fake plants. Check online if you have to.

B

Back
Top Bottom