Plants Recommendations for 50 Gallon Discus Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lampro

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys!
I have a 50 gallon discus tank with 4 discus and 2 angels and I am planning to replace the silver fox and common pleco with L144 plecos. What plants can I keep with the discus, angels and L144 without them eating the plants?
I am using the Jcp full spectrum lights
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FMHTG93/?tag=aiponsite-20&linkCode=ic5&ascsubtag=amzn1.idea.3LXI21O8CKMU9&creativeASIN=B07FMHTG93&cv_ct_id=amzn1.idea.3LXI21O8CKMU9&cv_ct_pg=storefront&cv_ct_wn=aip-storefront&ref=exp_cov_jcpaquarium_dp_vv_d

My plan is to add Anubias, jungle val, java fern, and red hybrid lugwigia
what is a good fern to add?
I am planning to add the Anubias in the blue area where the spot is higher and the java fern in the red areas which is in the lower spot so the fern is in the background and the fern should be behind the Anubis.
for the root plants, I am going to plant them in clay pots with aqua soils. Do you think I need to add a wave maker in the tank?

Attachments

• IMG_2193.jpg
    IMG_2193.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 79
  • Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 8.10.49 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 8.10.49 PM.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 74
  • Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 8.10.59 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 8.10.59 PM.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 72
I'd just throw some java fern or anubias in there. Nothing to demanding and does require a planting medium or heavy fertilization

I'd just throw some java fern or anubias in there. Nothing to demanding and does require a planting medium or heavy fertilization

do you mean just add fertilizer liquid? I might add some crypt as well and Buce

No need for "aqua-soil" for most plants . I grow plants in old school gravel . If you want to pot - some Swords are excellent but would be best to add root tab . Message me if interested I can hook you up on everything . I carry it all

Anubias and Java ferns are great and easy as well as Bolbitus , Buce, and mosses - all those can attach to wood or deco

No need for "aqua-soil" for most plants . I grow plants in old school gravel . If you want to pot - some Swords are excellent but would be best to add root tab . Message me if interested I can hook you up on everything . I carry it all

Anubias and Java ferns are great and easy as well as Bolbitus , Buce, and mosses - all those can attach to wood or deco

I have a small tank update. The wood piece seem to cloud up my water within 24 hours already! I am still planning to add a jungle val pot on the right side and maybe a floating pot of crypt in the back end glass in the middle then I should be done scaping the tank. I think a wave maker would make the plants look nicer as well and also help with the filtrations.

I am probably going to use fertilizer for the potted plants because the plant will need all the fertilizer when it overgrows the pots.

Attachments

• IMG_2278.jpg
    IMG_2278.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 71
Back
Top Bottom