Plants Selection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blucat

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I don't know my plants yet so I need some help in choosing the right plants for my tank. I have a 24 gallon which already contains two large amazon swords. I have a large cave-like rock at the corner. I need some fairly hardy plants for the back, sides and front of my tank. that will preferably do something for my tank (take up ammonia nitrites etc), but thats not really neccessary.

Are there any sugesstions for slower growing non-extra-large green or red plants? javascript:emoticon(':D')

Here is the link for the shop i will be getting it from.
http://www.aquaria.com.au/catalog/index.php/cPath/6_43

Need to know what lighting you have over the tank, type of fish, filtration, and if you're injecting CO2.

And also, amazon swords get large...we're talking 12" or more in diameter...meaning those 2 swords will eventually completely fill your 24 gallon tank.

Well the slow growing part will be difficult if you want them to do much for your water quality. I would suggest starting with anacharis & hornwort for the back. More info would be helpful but these are 2 pretty tough plants which will withstand many conditions.

Back
Top Bottom