plants that are good for fry hiding.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Ben

Aquarium Advice Freak
I plan on getting some plants as I just put in fluorescent lighting, probably 1-2 plants. What kind are good fry covering and low-mediun maintenance? I have a 10 gal tank with gravel. My tanks almost done cycling ammonia phase just ended yesterday, so can I put plants in yet or do I gota wait til it's finished..? Oh and the plants I want are to help fry hide. Thanks :)

You can put plants in anytime, they will help stablize your cycle as well.

The plant on the left is called limnophila sessiliflora. It is making the rounds at most pet shops. It comes from Tropica. It is alot like Cambomba. Very good to hide fry, but unlike Cambomba it grows well even in low light. I just got this plant and it is doing very well in all my tanks, from low light to very high. It stays thicker in lower light as it grows slower. Here is a shot of it taken last night in my high light tank. The tetra says hello too!

Just got in from work. The red plant in the back is Ludwigia glandulosa"perennis". It is a slow grower that turns a nice wine red in high light. I have 4 WPG on my tank at the moment, seems to keep it happy.

Hornwort. Grows like mad under any conditions, provides a thick forest for fry to hide in. I usually have some floating and some anchored.

Back
Top Bottom