PlantXchange sticky -- discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool!

That is exactly how I started my first planted tank. Someone on an online message board was offering her clippings for only the price of postage.

I succeeded with some, others didn't make it. However, most are still in my tank today. I learned a lot from my first planted tank experience.

But I feel bad when I trim them and throw the trimmings away. I would love to be able to share them.

Great idea!

Me too, I did it just this morning, tossed away some nice clippings from my Rotala Indca, spelling I'm not too sure of, but yes, I'm in, I'll check this site often and post when I have something to give away!

Linda

I just recieved a box of 6 different types of plants from sherry, in pretty decent quantitiy, and only for the price of shipping.

I love it!

I'll definately try to make a contribution once my tank grows in a bit more.

Blaze glad they got there.. actually I made $2 since it turned out shipping was cheaper than we guessed.. I'll put it toward the next shipment out :)

I have a ten gallon running that has trimmings from the first two planted tanks I started out with. Didn't have the heart to toss them, plus was experimenting to see how the same species did in different light, substrate, with and without CO2. I had to empty that tank as the plants grew in. Gave the plants to the LFS, cause I didn't know anyone else into planted tanks at that time. I do now! Filled it with cuttings again. I recently added CO2 and better light to this tank and it's getting full again. I will gladly share these plants for the cost of shipping but am not sure how to ship them. What do you wrap them in? Please let me know how you guys do it. I love the exchange idea and will gladly participate.

i am currently waiting on a shipment of plants that i got through the plant exchange program and they are coming from the US. if all goes well i will post how we did it and how it turned out so more of the canadian members can enjoy plants from all over the place.

lol there are always loop holes in every system. i would love to ship some plants out to other people so if this works out well then i will be trying it myself.

Hey there, Mr. Funktastic send them all the way from Alliston to Baxter. Don't know its a pretty long drive, think they'd make it???? LOL LOL If you have any clippings, Ill trade ya, plants for babies? Lemme know!

Anglafish

In case anyone missed it, newfound77951 is offering nice stem plants in Barter/Trade. Get them before her LFS does. :)

Just a thought: handy members may want to offer DIY CO2 bottle caps for plants from those less handy.

Zacharyws said:
czcz said:
Just a thought: handy members may want to offer DIY CO2 bottle caps for plants from those less handy.

i can make some if anyone shows a real interest....

I might be interested. I've been trying to put together a DIY CO2 reactor, but I can't seem to get the lid air tight despite the ammount of silicon I put on it.

Back
Top Bottom