:( Please Help Amazon Sword :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EndlersEatGuppies

Aquarium Advice Addict
hello everyone, i have an Amazon Sword and was wondering how do i plant it in the gravel.

Please Help!!!!!

Throw a root tab into the gravel and bury the roots nearby. Really not much to them.

Throw a root tab into the gravel and bury the roots nearby. Really not much to them.

i have the liquid fert. and i was asking for directions on how to plant them in the gravel. like dig a hole and put the plant in or what????????

Swords are heavy root feeders - that is why I mentioned the root tabs. They will not use many nutrients out of the water column. You can dig a hole or just push the roots down into the gravel. Whatever is easier for you. Just get the roots buried.

Swords are heavy root feeders - that is why I mentioned the root tabs. They will not use many nutrients out of the water column. You can dig a hole or just push the roots down into the gravel. Whatever is easier for you. Just get the roots buried.

what does the root tab have that the liquid fert. doesn't

:clown::morning:
:silly::onfire:

Swords gather nutrients from the substrate, not the water column. You could be EI dosing and have your swords die off because not enough nutrients are in the substrate.

Liquid ferts will help your stems, floaters, etc but not heavy root feeders like swords. Hope this helps.

If you really want to know what is in root tabs, API provides what is in their tabs.

Guaranteed Analysis Total Nitrogen (N) 3.0%
2.13% water insoluble nitrogen
0.53% other water soluble nitrogen
0.34% urea nitrogen Available Phosphate (P2O5) 1.0% Soluble Potash (K2O) 1.0% Iron (Fe) 5.0%
[5% Chelated Iron (Fe)]

Derived from Urea Formaldehyde, Mono Potassium Phosphate, Iron EDTA (Ferric ethylenediamine tetraacetate)

Source: http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=16826

Last edited:
Like meegosh said, Swords are heavy root feeders and don't take many nutrients out of the water column. So if you put liquid fert in it doesn't really benefit the sword much. I was using liquid fert and have two swords in my tank and I can tell they are suffering a little. Just added the root tabs last night to mine. I got flourish tabs by seachem. Shout out to fort384 and mfdrookie516 for the advice.

mfergusonjr said:
Like meegosh said, Swords are heavy root feeders and don't take many nutrients out of the water column. So if you put liquid fert in it doesn't really benefit the sword much. I was using liquid fert and have two swords in my tank and I can tell they are suffering a little. Just added the root tabs last night to mine. I got flourish tabs by seachem. Shout out to fort and rookie for the advice.

Thanks for telling fort and rookie

Back
Top Bottom