Please help identify!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chsguy88

Aquarium Advice Regular
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395089106.373471.jpg

Went to my LFS to pick up a bunch of hornwort to hopefully help my platy fry survive, and found that little guy in the bunch. It looks red/pink in the aquarium but the pic made it look more green/brown. I would love to learn about it and try and keep it surviving! Thanks for any help u can provide.

View attachment 228580

Went to my LFS to pick up a bunch of hornwort to hopefully help my platy fry survive, and found that little guy in the bunch. It looks red/pink in the aquarium but the pic made it look more green/brown. I would love to learn about it and try and keep it surviving! Thanks for any help u can provide.

it's some sort of a lotus. not hard plant to grow. it will shoot its leaves from the bottom of the tank to the top of the water. some people keep the leaves trimmed so that it remains compact while others let the nature take its course.

Awesome man! Thanks so mch for the fast reply!!! I didn't even know where to begin trying to identify it myself using google lol. Thanks so much!

Awesome man! Thanks so mch for the fast reply!!! I didn't even know where to begin trying to identify it myself using google lol. Thanks so much!

sure thing no problem at all. the tiger lotus ranges from red to green, it's a very hardy plant and good addition to any tank.

Back
Top Bottom