Please help me with my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jhawk__

Aquarium Advice Addict
I currently am so lost as to what size my tank is. I recently bought a 26 bf versa top and it was to small, which led me to think I had a 28bf. But the dimensions for it are a little big. It has to be somewhere in between those two, please help!

I also need some help stocking wise. My tank recently crashed and I've been slowly restocking. I currently have
2 male GBR'S
5 neon tetra
2 spotted Cory cats
1 bn pleco
I want to add a centerpiece fish, hopefully an angel. I also was considering adding 5 cardinal tetra and maybe a keyhole cichlid. I really need some input! I'm also open to something completely different than this if you can think of anything.

Throughout this thread, I will be posting pics of the tank, as I've rescaled it just recently. I'd love input as I'm not nearly close to being done. Here's a pic of the tank currently.
73048-albums12768-picture58823.html

Will someone please tell me how you all upload pictures. I can't get it to work for me! It won't work on my iPhone and whenever I do it on the computer, it posts but won't let you view it.

Make sure your on the app and not the full site. And up in the top right corner there is an arrow. Click it write your message and upload pics. Make sure you click on it after it uploads and click insert line and it should work for ya.
Good luck :)

Will someone please tell me how you all upload pictures. I can't get it to work for me! It won't work on my iPhone and whenever I do it on the computer, it posts but won't let you view it.

Best way is to upload them to something like imgur or photobucket and link to them using the
tags. Never have to worry about space and such.

Make sure your on the app and not the full site. And up in the top right corner there is an arrow. Click it write your message and upload pics. Make sure you click on it after it uploads and click insert line and it should work for ya.
Good luck :)

Whenever I do that it always says "exceeds quota by ..."

Best way is to upload them to something like imgur or photobucket and link to them using the tags. Never have to worry about space and such.

I think i might try photo bucket. Thanks for the tip.

Stock wise would

1 angel
2 GBR
1 keyhole cichlid
5 neon tetra
5 cardinal tetra
2 spotted Cory cats
1 albino Bn pleco

Work?

Does anyone have any input or advice ? I really need some for my stock and tank size .

This thread shouldn't be in the plant section. As for your stock you need to look up the school/shoal preferences of the fish you've selected for one. Try aqadvisor and see what it says about your stock, tank, and filter and go from there

This thread shouldn't be in the plant section. As for your stock you need to look up the school/shoal preferences of the fish you've selected for one. Try aqadvisor and see what it says about your stock, tank, and filter and go from there

What section should it be in?

And I've been on aqadviser, but I really just can't decide on stock myself ,I need some help

The cory cats should be upped to at least 4, more is better.

I would do 1 female and 1 male GBR instead of the 2 males

This is in a 28 gallon tank?

What section should it be in?

And I've been on aqadviser, but I really just can't decide on stock myself ,I need some help

Stocking questions belong in the general discussion section, plant topics belong in the plant section.

Personally I don't like the idea of keeping angels in less than 30 gallons, but many people do. I just can't see any of my angels except for my juveniles being happy in that small of a tank. With that tank and if you're trying to completely stock that tank a keyhole cichlid that can reach an adult size of 5" may not be the best choice but I don't have personal experience with them so ill let someone else comment on that. The Cory cats need a shoal of preferably 5 but 4 is safe and some have a good experience with 3 in smaller tanks where the Cory's won't feel stressed or threatened. The rams are a good choice, though I agree with getting a m/f pair instead of a m/m, it probably wouldn't turn out well since they're territorial and males will most likely fight and stress one to death. I couldn't keep 2 pairs from fighting in a heavy planted 75 gallon and others with much larger tanks have only been successful with 2 pairs. The tetras look like a good choice. The BN pleco has a high bioload so keep that in mind, but should be okay in that tank if I'm not mistaken, but as they age they can get territorially aggressive but this is another fish that I've never personally kept.

Stocking questions belong in the general discussion section, plant topics belong in the plant section.

Personally I don't like the idea of keeping angels in less than 30 gallons, but many people do. I just can't see any of my angels except for my juveniles being happy in that small of a tank. With that tank and if you're trying to completely stock that tank a keyhole cichlid that can reach an adult size of 5" may not be the best choice but I don't have personal experience with them so ill let someone else comment on that. The Cory cats need a shoal of preferably 5 but 4 is safe and some have a good experience with 3 in smaller tanks where the Cory's won't feel stressed or threatened. The rams are a good choice, though I agree with getting a m/f pair instead of a m/m, it probably wouldn't turn out well since they're territorial and males will most likely fight and stress one to death. I couldn't keep 2 pairs from fighting in a heavy planted 75 gallon and others with much larger tanks have only been successful with 2 pairs. The tetras look like a good choice. The BN pleco has a high bioload so keep that in mind, but should be okay in that tank if I'm not mistaken, but as they age they can get territorially aggressive but this is another fish that I've never personally kept.

Thanks! I figured since my tank is planted that It would go in this section. My bad! My lfs sells quarter sized angels so I was thinking of maybe trying one again but not sure yet. The male rams chase each other a lot so I might have to swap one male out for a female.

The cory cats should be upped to at least 4, more is better.

I would do 1 female and 1 male GBR instead of the 2 males

This is in a 28 gallon tank?

I do not know how many gallons my tank is, as it has very weird dimension that are in between 26 and 28 unless I'm measuring it wrong...

Back
Top Bottom