Please verify

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquazen

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello neighbors. This is a picture of my 10G-planted tank. A friend of mine labeled the plants for me (Thanks Steve!!) as he's had much more experience with planted thanks than me, not to mention over half of what's in my tank came from his tank! :)

But I am a bit unsure whether or not the small skinny plant to the right of the tree stump really is rotala indica, the ones in front of the moneywort.

Could someone verify this for me? He's labeled a different plant on the right rotala indica as well, and they look worlds apart.

Thank you in advance. I'm just trying to satiate my curiosity.

Sorry. He he. Was wondering why the pic wasn't uploading. It was 25K too large. :)

Can't help you with the ids, but the tank certainly looks nice just the way it is.
Perhaps it's time to add a fishy or three? A nice majestic angel or trio of neons of a couple of corys would look nice. Jeff

Hrm

Why is my friend's rotala (to the right) much larger with thicker stalk than the one I have (to the left)? He did say he uses 36 watts for his tank and I use 26 watts. Maybe that has something to do with it? But it's strange that his rotala is still sprouting large long leaves given the decreased light supplied.

Oh, I've got 3 female guppies (2 of which need to be confined for delivery soon) and 2 male guppies in the tank. Also have a dwarf gourami, a pleco, a glass fish, and 2 corys. :p

I missed your comment about the second plant on the right. It doesn't look like any rotala indica I've seen.

Thanks. Maybe I need higher light to bring out the red. My ludwigia is showing nice red colors, but I guess some plants need higher light for the red to come out.

Thanks for all the help.

Back
Top Bottom