Pleco is rasping on my new sword plants.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alright. Thanks a lot for all your help. So my lighting is good for most plants then?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You've got a great amount of light. Just be careful with photoperiod and fertilizer/CO2 dosing. Don't want to add too little or you could end up like me: algae farmer ?

Edit: Almost forgot... I had a couple sword plants that I had to chop to the crown (long story...) and they grew back. It was so awesome seeing that tiny little sprig of green, I felt like a champion haha. You should be ok with your plants. Just give those pesky plecos something to chew on instead! Good luck!

Thanks so much for all the replys. I'll hopefully get the driftwood in soon. I just have to get a way for it to sink.... It's still wanting to float a bit, and then fingers crossed that the wood and extra food keeps his mind occupied and away from the plants. ???

Solid medium lighting. Good lil light. As for pleco, have you tried feeding him lettuce, or veggies? Maybe keep him off the swords.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Maybe an Algae wafer, Hikari makes some good ones. if they are large wafers like a dime size, and you have a smallish Pleco, you can just snap it in half.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1436633515.268106.jpg
Look what that flipping pleco is doing to my new leaves!!! ??? I think I'm gonna have to get rid of him and switch to Otto cats.

That's high light.

And don't sweat the sword leaves, they were likely grown emersed and would of all melted in due time anyways. Your new submerse growth will be different looking, less round and more long.

Back
Top Bottom