Pollen and Fleas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDogg

Aquarium Advice Addict
8O

i have what looks like pollen in my planted tank (none of the plants are flowering) most likely algae, but what kind is it, how did i get it and how do i get ride of it?

also i have tinny little jumping bugs (i assume they are feeding on the floating algae) :roll:

Zagz said:
Moved to the planted tank forum.
ok i did not consider it really a "plant related" topic, because i think it is just coincidence that it happens to be in my planted tank :?

but you are the boss :)

rkilling1 said:
JDogg said:
also i have tinny little jumping bugs (i assume they are feeding on the floating algae) :roll:

Sounds like mites.
ok should i worry? should i invest in some hatchet fish to eat them?

how about the floating green "dust" algae?

JDogg said:
ok should i worry? should i invest in some hatchet fish to eat them?

how about the floating green "dust" algae?

If it is mites, they wouldn't hurt anything. I had them in my 5 gal tank awhile ago. They eat plants that are at the surface. Mites are just one of the problems when purchasing plants. I got mine from a seller on Ebay.

Dust algae normally attaches itself to the sides of your tank and not float around (unless you messed with it). I can't help as I am in the middle of dealing with dust algae ATM. From what I have read, if it is dust algae, it's best to leave it alone and it will die off on it's own.

Back
Top Bottom