Possible dying plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amaramwhite

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 10 gallon tank that I'm in a process of putting more plants in. I have eco-complete planted aquarium substrate and I use API Leaf Zone, API CO2 Booster and API Root Tabs. Any ideas how I can help them? They've been slowly just dying out and I'm at a loss of how to fix them. Pics are below. IMG_0920.jpgIMG_0922.jpg

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f24/bought-this-dying-plant-352069.html

I bought this same plant from a pet store and it was in real rough shape, read through it (if you have that much time) haha but it worked out for me, main thing i found what helped was the co2 and make sure the crown isn't buried. That will kill them fast. But the dead leaves i just trimmed off because the plant shot new leaves after.

what is the crown??

Yea you've got them buried too far in I think. You want the base where all the shoots connect to (the crown) to be above substrate level. Only bury the very bottom and the roots of the plant [emoji106]

ohhhh! i do believe they are buried too deep. thank you!!!

ohhhh! i do believe they are buried too deep. thank you!!!

Also generally aquatic plants you buy from stores are grown emersed so they will melt/die abit untill they adjust to the new environment. Look for new growth at the base of the plant and cut off anything dying [emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom