post a pic of your planted tank!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MY dad is a wanna-be blacksmith, We bought some 16 inch plyers from pricess auto, he used brakeline to extend the handles to make it 34 inches long, and then heated and pounded and ground the "plyer" part to become sissors. I now have an EXCELLENT pair of 6 dollar deep water plyers/sissors! (as my arms are not long enough to get my finger nails to the back of the tank :p) I use my fingers for my 15 gallon, blue ;-)

Nite all. (if anyone has time, look at my post in the sick fish section... I'm a bit worried)

I'm still working on taking better pictures, but thought I'd throw mine into the mix:

25gal - 30w T-8 - Fluorish Comp 2-3x/week - K & Fe 1x/week
Java fern on driftwood/cave...3 weeks in
6 zebra danios (4 reg, 2 long-fin)...1 week in
Giant Hygros, Anacharis, Corkscrew vals, Marimo balls (Cladophora aegagropila)...2 days in

I'm thinking about DIY CO2, once the soda is finished, and adding a reflector to the light strip...but new lighting itself is out-of-budget right now. I'm also experimenting with different ways to slow down the output of my Eclipse II filtration system, in order to reduce surface agitation (the hanging Anacharis is a temporary solution).

As of now..............

Attachments

• 25tank_front_040206_711.jpg
    25tank_front_040206_711.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 62
Figured I'ld add one from the side, Also, I thought this picture was really neat. (the blue magfloat is on the other side of a 4' aquarium to give you an idea of the water clarity)

GBRCongo.jpg

There sure are some really nice tanks that everyone has. I know a lot of my success has been due to what I have learned here at AA. When I first found this sight I was having a hard time keeping my silk fake plants nice. Let alone trying some live plants.

This is a pic of my new Nano tank right after I set it up.

Specs:
10 Gallon Nano Tank (2 gallon built in filter, 8 gallon tank)
4x 13watt CF light (6.5 wpg)
ADA nano CO2 with solenoid "Amazonia"
Eco Complete substrate, EI fert routine

Nano-front-low.JPG

More than anything I've seen, I just want to comment on the phenomenal health of the plants people are keeping. The tank pics posted in this thread so far show happy, vibrant examples of so many different kinds of aquatic plants. Unbelievable work guys :)

And it's good to see some of our less prolific posters showing up in these pics (*cough* WarEagle *cough*). Nice tanks :)

Just took a pic of a flowering Anubias barteri v nana:

Anubias_Flower_230306_x800.jpg

May not seem like much, but I've been keeping these same Anubias in my tank for almost two years now, and this is the first flower I've gotten :)

Travis.

Beautiful as always, If you want nubias to flower more often, increase the reds in your tank.

Oh, hope the chichlids enjoy the flower. My Balas would always break them off and spit them out to spite me I think.

poor wizzard and his flowers lol. travis i must say that your tank looks amazing as always. i love that rock u have woith all the algea on it it makes things look soo natural. and i am very jealous of your demasoni i must say. they are a whopping 20 bucks a peice in my local fish store. a little out of my budjet. i had gotten one out of a mix tank a while back but he unfortuatly got scratched and got fungas on him which i did not catch untill it was too late(he hid all the time so i didnt find it unusual that i didnt see him for a few days) i sent u a pm but i am not sure if u recieved it. it was regarding the discussion we had about the plants a while back. i am glad u finally posted but i want more pics!!!!!!! i know u have a few more u could share... please lol.

Okay, here's a fairly recent pic of my 29.

Cheapy gravel substrate
2 x 20 w NO lights (1.4 wpg)
Flourish Excel
root tabs
Ken't Pro plant
Kent's freshwater plant.

mr funktastic said:
wow everyones tanks are sooo awesome!! i have never seen your tank current516 looks sweet. come on epople keep postin so this thread takes off!! if it gets enough responses the advisors should make it a sticky so you can get some quick ideas of what u want to do for your tank. ok so here is my 55 gal that i have just started planting with my clippings from my other 2 tanks.
55 gal
2 X 40watt daylight bulbs DIY hood
no fert
sand substrate.
img_617109_0_5228c714383c2e28619877025ef01c67.jpg

I notice that sand is black on your tank, what kind is it? and no co2 right?

how about for us noobs wanna start a planted tank and still researching, you guys can post not only tank and light details but what type of fixtures. btw for all you photographers remember to setup the exposure in your camera for the correct kelvin light readings so we see it the way it was suppose to be seen.

lol same here. i can change it to account for high and low flouresent but not the actual kelvin rating. i still seem to be able to get some pretty decent pics though. same with everyone else here, all your tanks are looking amazing. i am soo glad that this thread is still going. i agree with kaz that people should try to put in as much info a possible about there tanks to help out others.
I notice that sand is black on your tank, what kind is it? and no co2 right?
the sand i used is called GEOsystem Natural black sand. i really like it. it is heavy enough to stay down while doing gravel vacs and it hides the muck real well. there is no co2 and i have 2 40 watt natural daylight bulbs in a DIY hood. the only plants that they seem to bother with is my hygro difformis, little buggers like to nibble at that one but it still stands up real well.

I'm just lucky I have a camera that takes digi pics at all.....mines is not sophisticated enough to do anything but take the pic. LOL My fixture is NO fluorescent. I'm putting PC lights on my 55 next week and getting plants, so I will have another to post soon.

Ok, I give in, remember...it's a jungle in there. :wink:

75 gal, 110w CF.
Nutrient dosing: root tabs (for heavy feeders), potassium 2/3x weekly and N when needed.

Attachments

• april72006_002_111.jpg
    april72006_002_111.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 102
Back
Top Bottom