Power Compact Strip Light W/2 Lunar Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmg213

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was thinking of replacing the two regular Fluorescent lights that I have with this: http://www.bigalsonline.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=29619;category_id=1869;pcid1=1843;pcid2=

I have a 37 gal. tank with some tetras, ghost shrimp, bushy nose pleco, true SAEs, and a few loaches. In addition to the fish I have some low light plants that I have been struggling with because of the black hair algae on their leaves. I have been trying to reduce the phosphates in the tank due to some reading that suggested that it may be part of the cause for the algae.

BUT...my main reason for posting this is just to see what everyone thinks of this type of lighting since Ive been trying to understand more about lighting lately.

Any and all thoughts/advice/suggestions are MORE than welcome. :)

Ask for 2 6700k bulbs instead of the 10,000k. It's an awesome light. Post on the planted tank section and see what they have to say.

Kevin

Hmmm....this whole situation is just embarrassing now. :oops: I could have SWORN I read that was for freshwater.

Anyway, I still want to upgrade the lighting in my aquarium and I like the concept of the lunar lights, but does it make sense for freshwater?

If not, does anyone have some advice on a regular compact florescent light for a tank with the contents I described above?

Also...is there a way to repost/move this thread to the planted tank section as Logan Zoo suggested?

Thanks all!

I'm not sure if lunar lights would help in a FW tank. Would it help with spawning? I actually bought an LED lunar light for my tank and the only thing it did was cause my fish to stare at the light. They were so curious they didn't even sleep. So I removed it. I have lunar lights in my SW tank and my fish and corals ignore it and go to 'sleep'. It also looks cool.

Check AHSupply and see if you can get a retrofit kit for your current light fixture. Much cheaper than what your considering.

As mentioned, atenics are useless in a FW planted tank. Lunar lights are also a waste of time for FW IMO.

Back
Top Bottom