Power head in 20L?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paxdaddy

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm setting up a 20 long that will be eventually heavy planted and I'm using a fluval c2 hob filter. Was thinking of putting a power head in as well to just increase the flow through the whole tank. Is this a good idea? I don't want anything strong. Is there one out there that is good for this or would my hob have enough flow? And should I have my filter off to the side or in the middle? I've always put them off to the side but have seen a few lately where it's right in the middle.

I would be inclined to add a second HOB instead of a powerhead to increase flow in a 20l.

I would wait to see how much flow is in the tank and then determine if you want more flow. You want plants to gently sway but not get blown away. In such a small tank the Koralia Nano 240 is ideal to use.

I would wait to see how much flow is in the tank and then determine if you want more flow. You want plants to gently sway but not get blown away. In such a small tank the Koralia Nano 240 is ideal to use.

I'll wait and see. I was looking at that one. I know they are good powerheads. Seams like everyone top choice as far as brands go. Just reading 240 gph sounds like a lot. I mean I don't want my plants to look like they're in a raging river or anything I just want a little movement. Ya know?

fluval makes some nice little powerheads too, smallest being 265GPH. its actually alot more gentle then your thinking.

I would be inclined to add a second HOB instead of a powerhead to increase flow in a 20l.

+1
I like the idea of a second HOB filter for the sake of redundancy in case the first one fails. You can fill the second one with floss for extra mechanical filtration. Or fill it with sponges and/or ceramic media and direct your CO2 (if you are using any) into it to help it dissolve in the tank water.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom