powerhead for 29g planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FastFly67

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i have my co2 currently diffused thru my canister but i don't think i'm liking it too well. so i wanna go with a powerhead for diffuse instead. give it a better sweep of the tank. what gph should i be looking for?

I dont think GPH is all that important for the function you are going for. I think the smallest powerhead you can find will still be a fairly effective way to diffuse co2 if you want to use co2 misting.

Just remember that using a powerhead is going to result in a million little tiny bubbles in your water column that effects water clarity. It is great for plant growth though...

I dont think GPH is all that important for the function you are going for. I think the smallest powerhead you can find will still be a fairly effective way to diffuse co2 if you want to use co2 misting.

Just remember that using a powerhead is going to result in a million little tiny bubbles in your water column that effects water clarity. It is great for plant growth though...
hrmmmmmm tiny bubbles or algae all over the glass cuz the CO2 isn't diffusing well enough

What kind of algae? Diatoms or green spot are likely not going to be controlled by CO2 diffusion. Hair algae or BBA, maybe.

What kind of algae? Diatoms or green spot are likely not going to be controlled by CO2 diffusion. Hair algae or BBA, maybe.
hair. exact same problem i had in the 10g when it wasn't diffused well enough. moved the filter around a bit, diffused it better before it got to the filter to spread out and the 10g is lookin gorgeous. it's not too awful bad in the 29g right now because i only upgraded the light less than a week ago. part of the problem is that the nozzle is sitting about the middle of the back wall so the front right corner has next to no circulation (and therefor no co2)

cool. I have a little bit of an issue going with my 5gal, I am going to rethink CO2 diffusion.

I have some tiny bubbles in my tank but not a ton....using a powerhead to diffuse co2. I put it in the back of the plants and have it diffusing below my spray bar...so the bubbles get moved around. I like this way of diffusing and feel that its really adequate.

I have used a 400gph powerhead in a 29g....but like fort said, gph isn't important. Just get something smallish if you want to try to hide it.

Back
Top Bottom