PPS Pro, do I need Excel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aspencer

Aquarium Advice FINatic
To refresh, I have two tanks I am starting to dose using PPS Pro.

Lighting is 24 W CFL on a 10g and 24w T5HO on a 20g Long.

Plants are crypts, red mellon sword, micro sword, java moss and fern, anubias, banana plants, with no stem plants and root tabs.

Do I need to continue to dose Excel daily? Maybe I should stop and see what happens for a couple of weeks?

Excel is not a fert, so... I would say probably still need to, but algae is the worst thing that'll happen if you stop

Thanks Mdf, I was hoping you would see this since I got the idea of PPS Pro from you and liked what I found out although those that use EI say it is easier which doesn't look like to me.

EI is far less accurate than PPS Pro. Even without using autodosers, the PPS Pro dosing routine works well. It just requires daily dosing, but I'm pretty sure EI does too.

EI is far less accurate than PPS Pro. Even without using autodosers, the PPS Pro dosing routine works well. It just requires daily dosing, but I'm pretty sure EI does too.

My understanding is that with PPS Pro, we dose everyday with two mixtures and EI has a different schedule with some 3 days a week, other 2 days a week with a reset day.

Yeah, with EI, my understanding is that you do Micro, Macro, Micro, Macro, Micro, Macro, 50% PWC. With PPS Pro, you dose Micro and Macro (separately) daily, but you don't 'waste' as much because it's finely tuned for your setup.

Yeah, with EI, my understanding is that you do Micro, Macro, Micro, Macro, Micro, Macro, 50% PWC. With PPS Pro, you dose Micro and Macro (separately) daily, but you don't 'waste' as much because it's finely tuned for your setup.
I have my Micro in wine bottle, so no mold and my Macro in rum bottle..I have bartenders spouts on each bottle.

Back
Top Bottom