Pps pro low tech

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe not daily. Daily dosing could cause algae.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For low tech I would start with 1/4-1/3 of the ei dose. Do that once a week for about 3 weeks. Maybe more.

See how this goes and make adjustments based on deficiencies that you see.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Honestly, pps pro is such a low dosage of ferts I would just dose the recommended amount.

Weekly for ei. Pps is a pita..

Maybe not daily. Daily dosing could cause algae.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No it probably wouldn't. Like mebbid said, PPS pro is a fairly low dosage and it's certainly OK if you dose a small amount of it each day.

I agree with Philipraposo that EI might be better but I don't think that PPS pro is a pain at all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If I can dose macro and micro a day each vs daily dosing. That's the whole reason people go low maint. Tank aka low tech.

But to each their own, the end goal is to use a little ferts as you can to get the plants what they need whether is high tech or.low.tech

K just wondering thinking of dosing my low/medium tek 55 which is getting to be heavily planted. I've been adding more plants along the way, been getting some slight algae problems figured it may be a lack of nutrients. Dosing excel daily already.

Weekly for ei. Pps is a pita..

If I can dose macro and micro a day each vs daily dosing. That's the whole reason people go low maint. Tank aka low tech.

But to each their own, the end goal is to use a little ferts as you can to get the plants what they need whether is high tech or.low.tech

Both EI and PPS Pro call for daily dosing. EI is rotating between the macro and micro switching every day while PPS Pro is daily of both. Not sure where you got your EI instructions but they were incorrect.

There are also more reasons to go low tech than "daily dosing of ferts" Personally, I think the 20 seconds it takes me to dose the ferts while I'm feeding isn't any hassle at all.

Pps pro imho is better because you will only be dosing to what your plants take in with ei your grossly (imo) overdosing. Both require daily dosing and weekly 50% water changes. Yes it will work with low tech you May need some glut but not much depending on your plants. Pps pro is actually very easy its just the first few weeks of getting the levels set that tales a little bit of paitence.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom