PPS Pro mixing problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have never kept either the micro or macro solutions in the fridge. I do however use Glut-Metricide 14 in all my solutions. Keeping the micro's in the fridge is okay if you want to.

Sometimes it take a long time for all the particles to completely dissolve after mixing up a solution. Just shake the bottles well before dosing. It doesn't hurt at all if particles go into the tank as dry ferts can be used mixed with water or dry.

Mmmm.... Even with added glut? I m just finishing my first batch & will be mixing a new bottle in the next couple of days. I m mixing in a 500 ml bottle & added 10 mls of glut (un diluted ).
What do other people do ??? Refrigerate even with the glut?
Inquiring minds need to know:).

I have been mixing a liter of my ferts at a time, pulling out a few weeks worth, and then freezing the rest in bottles. Works like a charm.

Rivercats! Great to see you on here. How much do you add (undiluted)?

I don't personally dose dry but if your interested in that do some research on EI dosing. When I dilute them for using PPS-Pro I only mix a 500ml bottle of micro's at a time and add glut. I like mixing smaller amounts up so the solution gets used faster.

I was asking how much glut you add to each bottle of dissolved ferts. So in my 500 ml dosing bottles, how much undiluted glut would you add to avoid mold. I added 10 mls last time, OS adds 25 mls. Just wondering what other people use.

I add 5ml glut to every 250ml in the macro solutions and add 10ml for every 250ml of micro solution.

I have been mixing a liter of my ferts at a time, pulling out a few weeks worth, and then freezing the rest in bottles. Works like a charm

Great idea Mebbid! I kinda did a similar thing. I measured all of the ferts into individual doses & put them in baggies so they re ready to go for mixing. Felt like a real bad**$ with my gram scale & little baggies of white powder :)

I have been mixing a liter of my ferts at a time, pulling out a few weeks worth, and then freezing the rest in bottles. Works like a charm

Great idea Mebbid! I kinda did a similar thing. I measured all of the ferts into individual doses & put them in baggies so they re ready to go for mixing. Felt like a real bad**$ with my gram scale & little baggies of white powder :)

Haha nice! Aqua chem uses dixie cups :)

The best part is I borrowed the scale from work & my boss asked if she should be worried. Too funny.

Back
Top Bottom