PPS Pro Newbie question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PJFISH

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all - I'm just starting to use the PPS Pro ferts. When doing a 50% water change, do I need to adjust the amount dosed that day to account for the WC? Also, has anyone experienced increase in algae growth when using PPS? Thanks all!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I had to look this up to know what you were talking about. I hope you don't mind me asking, what made you decide you wanted to do this? I've never heard of co2 and all this new stuff until I started my aquarium and started researching plants. Wow!! The amount of things you can do with a tank is endless!!

I had to look this up to know what you were talking about. I hope you don't mind me asking, what made you decide you wanted to do this? I've never heard of co2 and all this new stuff until I started my aquarium and started researching plants. Wow!! The amount of things you can do with a tank is endless!!

PPS means perpetual preservation system and it's a simple way to dose the right nutrients to aquarium plants on a daily basis. There are many wants of doing this, but PPS seems to be the most comprehensive and cost effective method.

I dose the normal amount after a water change.

Thanks, have had any issues with your tank dosing on daily basis ?

I use pps pro and have had to tweak my mix a little bit..still tweaking actually. Best advice I can give is watch your plants..I added more kh2po4 and k2so4..as they say..every tank is a little different.

I have left the mix more or less the same, but I recently increased the amount I dose to 2ml/10 gallons.
I do have some algae issues, which is why I've upped the dosage. Other than that no problems.

Back
Top Bottom