PPS Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandoborg

Aquarium Advice Activist
After using the pps system for over a year or so, I think it's time to start asking a couple of questions !!! First, can someone explain what the two bottles actually do ?? The brown vs, the white. Is there ever a time when I might want to stop dosing one or the other, or adding more of one, or both..and if so, when ?? I haven't had any problems outside the usual minor Algae, just wanting to get a little more in depth as to what is actually being added to my tank.

Thanks in advance for any tips on this system............

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
The two bottles contain the macro and micro nutrients. The macro bottle (clear solution) contains nitrate, phosphate, potassium sulfate, and magnesium sulfate. The micro bottle contains CSM*B (trace elements, can't recall exactly which ones).
Sometimes there is a third bottle involved. Nitrate (in the form of KNO3) is often mixed in its own bottle. Macros and micros are dosed normally but the nitrate is either given in a reduced dosage or skipped entirely. This is because a sufficient amount of nitrate may already be supplied by the tank's bioload.
Two things you should be measuring are nitrate and phosphate. This will help you determine if the dosage you are providing is sufficient.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks Fresh2o ... I'm not having any problems at all............ everything is reading 0ppm except Ph which is at 6 and Phosphates which are usually between 1-2.0

Just like to have a little knowledge of what's going on.........

thanks again !!

Jim

Back
Top Bottom