Predator ideas for my 55g planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Typow07

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well death is a part of life. I started off with 12 guppies in my tank and now I have at least 40 adults and 40 fry. To solve this growing problem I am going to take most of If not all of the adults I can catch to the LFS, its a semi heavy planted tank I doubt I can catch them all ... I want to trade the adults for a few predators to do some cleaning up and maintenance of the babies.

So you want to start your stock completely over? I think any large fish wouldn't mind having a guppy as a snack... Oscars, angels, cichlids, any large, semi-aggressive fish should do the trick.

I've been thinking about angels for a long time, I think 4 of them would work well. I wonder how long it would take for them to eat 40 fry lol

This should be interesting! I will be buying them next week. I'm torn between angels or African Cichlids, they are both relatively easy maintenance in my opinion. I've tried to keep my aquarium as sustainable as possible.

Cichlids are awesome, but require a lot of research. I don't have any, BUT:

They like rock hard water, rock decor, high pH, and other special parameters. I would go with angels because you can always add other tankmates later. Cichlids limit yourself because they're so aggressive. Plus angels like plants so you're already ready for them.

Very good advice, I think I will stick with the angels. Thank you, I will update with some pictures when my tank is clean lol

Back
Top Bottom