Pressurized C02 System / Atomic Diffuser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eAts

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm looking to make the switch to a pressurized system. I have decided to go with the optimum CO2 System from GLA Optimum CO2 System | Green Leaf Aquariums

I have not placed my order yet, because I'm not sure which Atomic Inline Diffuser I should be using with my Fluval 306 Canister. From what I have seen, I will need to replace the ribbed tubing on the outflow of the filter to use anything inline. I can get the tubing from the hardware store, but what size diffuser should I order? Also has anyone has any experience with the GLA systems?

Diffusers: Aquarium CO2 Diffuser | Atomic - Cal Aqua Labs - Pollen - Nano

Thanks!

Thanks for the replies I have seen both regulators, but haven't heard a lot about them. How do you both like using them? How is the quality of them?

Thanks for the replies I have seen both regulators, but haven't heard a lot about them. How do you both like using them? How is the quality of them?

Both are nice regulators and work great. The only reason I think the one I linked is better is because it comes with its own bubble counter built in. I have one and it has never had any problems.

I've just learned about End Of Tank Dump as well. If you use a single stage regulator you need to be aware of when all the liquid co2 is gone and you have nothing but gas left in the tank. It will cause the output pressure to rise and dump potentially deadly amounts of co2 into the water. A dual stage is much more expensive but steps the pressure down through two regulators so this isn't a concern. With a single you need to refill your bottle the moment the pressure in the bottle starts dropping. Apparently a 900 psi 5 lb bottle could last a year or so depending on tank size and in the last month might drop from 900 down to empty so it's important to watch.

I've just learned about End Of Tank Dump as well. If you use a single stage regulator you need to be aware of when all the liquid co2 is gone and you have nothing but gas left in the tank. It will cause the output pressure to rise and dump potentially deadly amounts of co2 into the water. A dual stage is much more expensive but steps the pressure down through two regulators so this isn't a concern. With a single you need to refill your bottle the moment the pressure in the bottle starts dropping. Apparently a 900 psi 5 lb bottle could last a year or so depending on tank size and in the last month might drop from 900 down to empty so it's important to watch.

Thanks for the advice, from what I've been reading I keep seeing that the general recommendation is not to skimp on the CO2 setup. Buying a "quality" system which really just sound like it needs to have a precise needle / metering valve. I have yet to decide on a setup. Granted I do not want to spend the large amount GLA charges for the setup, but I do like the piece of mind of having it all leak tested before it even leaves them and then theres the three year warranty which I haven't seen a better one yet. I like the idea of the "kit" so I can open it, get the tank filled and have it setup quickly, but I am keeping an open mind before I make a decision. It looks like the inline diffuser I wanted is out of stock anyways, so it will give me more time to consider my options. Thanks the the help.

Not sure by compare... prices or ?

The regulator from Aquatek is working great. I had to add a splitter as I have to use 2 PH's in my 220g due to the size but the unit preforms exactly as it is suppose to. I got other bubble counters for very cheap since I needed to that Brian_Nano12g recommended (he also recommended the Aquatek as did others) and overall I'm happy with the performance and the cost. It's also all brass and well made IMO. It all came together much easier than I ever imagined.

Not sure by compare... prices or ?

The regulator from Aquatek is working great. I had to add a splitter as I have to use 2 PH's in my 220g due to the size but the unit preforms exactly as it is suppose to. I got other bubble counters for very cheap since I needed to that Brian_Nano12g recommended (he also recommended the Aquatek as did others) and overall I'm happy with the performance and the cost. It's also all brass and well made IMO. It all came together much easier than I ever imagined.

i was referring to the quality. thanks Rivercats

I am using the Aquatek reg as well. I am impressed by the quality of it. I actually bought a second one for another system. The needle valve is excellent for fine tuning the flow. The pressure stays where you set it, Overall I think for the cost, they are one of the better regs. out there. Also as far as diffusing the co2 into your tank, a powerhead is the way to go IMO. The distribution of co2 through out the tank is great using PH's Once again just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom