Pressurized CO2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You have three options for the selonoid 1. plug it into an outlet and run the CO2 24/7, 2. plug it into a timer and run it only when the lights are on (and a little before to get levels back up), or 3. plug it into a pH Controller to target a specific pH level (and therefore specific CO2 level). All three will work fine, but you would need the timer or pH controller for the more autmated methods. I'd also recommend a brass check valve to ensure that water can't back up into your regulator and damage it. You may also need some additional tubing, but that should be it.

Purr nailed it.

I have no experience with those ladder diffusers, but imagine they'd probably work pretty well. They're a bit large for my taste is all.

I didn't look closely enough at the difuser earlier. Those ladders are one of the best methods of passive diffusion. You may find that it's inadequate for your pressurized system and that you'll need to upgrade to a powered method of diffusion. Using your filter to diffuse the CO2, the mist method, or an inline difuser would all be good options.

MA957 into Canister Filter

Hey There Smitty,

Joe at TheAquaticDepot here...

The 75 gallon heavily planted tank in our logo has a MA957 with a 20lb bottle hooked up. It's turned on and off by the timer which controls the lights.

We just plumbed the CO2 line right into the intake of the Fluval 404 we're running. If you use a canister filter you can do the same.

The CO2 has to go through all of the intake hose - which diffuses quite a bit - and anything else gets broken up by the impeller and the output hose.

Occasionally the canister does burp out some bubbles, but it hasn't harmed it over the past 4 years.

-Joe at TheAquaticDepot.com

Back
Top Bottom