Pressurized CO2 and split photo periods?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barliman

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all,

Well, at long last I may finally be getting my tanks filled and my CO2 system set up. :dance: It's taken far longer than I expected. :banghead:

So, I have a question about CO2 and lighting: to keep algae under control, I've run a split photo-period: on from 8AM-noon, off from noon-4PM, and on from 4-8PM (4-4-4). It's worked well to keep the worst algae under control.

Do I need to stop doing that and go back to a continuous 8-hour lights on, or will the CO2 be effective if I set its timer to 4-4-4? :confused:

Hi all,

Well, at long last I may finally be getting my tanks filled and my CO2 system set up. :dance: It's taken far longer than I expected. :banghead:

So, I have a question about CO2 and lighting: to keep algae under control, I've run a split photo-period: on from 8AM-noon, off from noon-4PM, and on from 4-8PM (4-4-4). It's worked well to keep the worst algae under control.

Do I need to stop doing that and go back to a continuous 8-hour lights on, or will the CO2 be effective if I set its timer to 4-4-4? :confused:

Yay co2! U could do either to be honest, it doesn't matter when it comes on or turns off aslong as its on when the lights are on, I'd advise to start it 1-2 hours before lights on tho just to have some readily available when the lights turn on [emoji106]

If going with the 4-4-4 is suggest turning it on an hour before each lighting interval [emoji106]

I run mine still on split periods so I can see tank in morning and at night. Maybe not as per nature does but plants seem to go ok.

Back
Top Bottom