Pressurized CO2 - what to expect?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sallyjano

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm currently reading about having pressurized CO2 and what I'm reading is saying that it's a big commitment and it's not easy to get the balance right.

I'm just wondering exactly what I'm getting myself into! Is it really difficult to get it right? Is it something that needs to be constantly monitored and tweaked/worked on? Or once you've got the appropriate flow/ppm are you pretty well set? How often do you test the CO2 ppm levels?

Just trying to understand what level of commitment I'm getting myself into.....

It's not that hard. I went full throttle and got it when first starting plants.

As long as you have a bubble counter and a drop checker (it tells you if there is not enough oxygen in the water if you can't tell from the fish) you should be fine.

The systems can sometimes be touchy as far as adjustment. Turn the regulating knob slowly. On systems like mine, one half turn means I got a volcano of co2 and suffocating fish.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

It's not that hard. I went full throttle and got it when first starting plants.

As long as you have a bubble counter and a drop checker (it tells you if there is not enough oxygen in the water if you can't tell from the fish) you should be fine.

The systems can sometimes be touchy as far as adjustment. Turn the regulating knob slowly. On systems like mine, one half turn means I got a volcano of co2 and suffocating fish.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Awesome - thanks. I think I'm not very technically/scientifically minded so am a bit worried but hopefully I'll cope!

Back
Top Bottom