Pruning questions regarding my banana plant.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blos85

Aquarium Advice Activist
So first of all heres a pic of a my struggling banana plant.

Well when i got it it was small and green....didnt take to long maybe a week and the leaves were yellow....well i use flourish comprehensive and also add epsom salt for added magnesium. All my other plants are booming doing great and my banana is finally starting to get its green back but the leaves were practically dead and were not coming back. My question is first can a banana survive after clipping all the branches? And if so and me clipping off the leaves was the right choice where am i to clip it? As close to the base as possible eliminating the entire branch or just the bad leaf? I don't understand why I've been having trouble with it considering all my other plants are growing very well. Anyone? Thank you ahead of time for any advice!!!

Attachments

• image-4173604561.jpg
    image-4173604561.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 67
When i do a 40%+ water change i always add about 3tbls once a week to once every two all depending on time restraints

That doesn't sound like a lot of salt so probably not the culprit. I think your lighting may be a little too low for a plant that sticks to the bottom like the banana plant until it shoots leaves to the top. You can try to raise it on a piece of wood or something so it is closer to the lights but since the leaves
are gone I'm not sure how well it will bounce back. Try doing a little research on the plant. Here is a link to a page that gives a little info on the plant. Note that it requires moderate lighting.
Aquatic Plants for Freshwater Aquariums: Banana Plant
Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom