Purple Leaves on Amazon Sword

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I see what you're saying. Basically uproot the plants, dig a hole, put some flourite in, root tab or two, then replant?

What kind of difference did you see when you did it to your sand? Was it a game changer?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I see what you're saying. Basically uproot the plants, dig a hole, put some flourite in, root tab or two, then replant?

What kind of difference did you see when you did it to your sand? Was it a game changer?

Yep, pretty much.. i just did it last week with some new more demanding plants.. I'll let you know. If anything the plants took right oof with not melt so...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Have you checked your hardness, could be Mg. Based on the viens showing and discoloration of the tissue in between. Did you say you dose 15 ML of full strength glut? Unless you have a huge tank that is a LARGE dose.

bcarl,

I check my hardness with every water change. It's at 8 d GH and 3 d KH. It's been pretty steady for a few weeks now. Before I switched to co2, I was getting quite a bit of GSA. With the addition of co2, it has gotten much better. I am also weening off the glut dosing. It's a 29 gal tank.

I only dose around 2ML of straight glut in my 26 gal that's CO2 injected. Do you dose anything for micro's? Im not familiar with the osmocote root tabs, do they have iron? Are you seeing issues with any other plants?

Another thought, have you tested phosphate? Since you have GSA a phosphate deficiency can show as a yellow coloration of older leaves and your new leaves start green correct?

bcarl,

I dose the PPS Pro daily. I don't have a phosphate test kit, but that's on my short list. Here's the breakdown of Osmocote +
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417026729.615451.jpg

Also, the leaves don't get yellow they just grow in like that. My anubius nana are growing like crazy, and my swords are mostly doing well.

Back
Top Bottom