Putting a towel over a tank and not feeding for three days?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yodlem

Aquarium Advice Regular
Won't not feeding the fish be kind of bad?
Saw this advice on another forum to get rid of algae

ya i have left my fish for about 4 days when i went away one time and came back to hungry but very happy fish. well my angle ate one of my neons but then again u arnt really supposed to mix the 2 lol it also really helps with the algea problem.

In the wild, fish may go without eating for a lot longer than just a couple days.

Second, lots of fish are constantly "pecking" and finding things to eat on their own. My fish found Rotala magenta to be particuarly tasty.

On the other hand, fry do need to be fed quite often.

Be care with the towel over the tank, keep an eye on the tank, if possible. I put a couple of towels over my 10 gallon tank for 3 days to treat Cyanobacteria, it worked but the towel also pulled over 1/2 the water in my tank out of there. The towel wasn't even hitting any of the water, it just absored it and the smell was horrible! I would recommend using a sheet or some heavy plastic in the future.

black trashbags and duct tape :) not too pretty but works.

as for fish not eating, I only feed mine every 2 or 3 days - and in my planted tank, everybody is constantly picking and grazing. so yes, the fish will be fine :)

Oh, and if your worried about getting no air, you can also put in an airstone and run it while it's covered.

Back
Top Bottom