Pygmy Chain Swords/ Crypt Spiralis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amesdrew

Aquarium Advice Activist
Today was a BIG day in my tank! :fish2:

I purchased and finally received my new T5HO 2 bulb kit, and couldn't be happier with it! Thanks to fishneedit.com I got it for cheaper than I thought I could.

Which brings me to my questions, is there anything special needed to really make the chain sword and the spiralis grow? Any advice on their care and needs?

Which brings me to my questions, is there anything special needed to really make the chain sword and the spiralis grow? Any advice on their care and needs?

ROOT TABS, are the answer. Root tabs are hard circle shaped fertilizers that give plants the nutrients they need to grow to their fullest extent.

:fish1::fish2::fish1:
:fish2::fish1::fish2:
...:fish1::fish2:

I have a 29 gallon, 2 foot tank. The new light is 2 24 watt bulbs, one 6700 and one 10000 k bulb.

I just planted the new plants and fishman I already put the tabs in there! they look good today, new plantings already because the plant looked really good at the lfs.

How far down should i plant the spiralis? and should i take the pygmy chain out of the pot it came in?

Oh and I changed heaters too! Got rid of the Marineland pro stealth because of the recall and got a new sleek 200 watt fluval!

1. How far down should i plant the spiralis? What do u mean?

2. should i take the pygmy chain out of the pot it came in? Yes, do u know what to do and how to plant it?

My answers r in Dark Red

Should I plant the roots all the way, or leave some roots of the crypt spiralis?

I will take it out of the pot, and plant the roots I am gonna guess for the pygmy chain.

Should I plant the roots all the way, or leave some roots of the crypt spiralis?

I will take it out of the pot, and plant the roots I am gonna guess for the pygmy chain.

Yes plant the crypt spiralis with all of the roots in the substrate.

And same thing for the pygmy chain.

Back
Top Bottom